In any Organization, the three top operating costs are often found to be energy (both electrical and thermal), labor and materials. Among the three, energy has the highest potential for cost reduction. While efforts are being made to improve availability of various energy sources, there is still a continuing gap between demand and supply of energy. Conservation and efficient utilization of energy resources play a vital role in narrowing the gap between demand and supply of energy. Energy audit will help to understand more about the ways energy is used in the industry, and help in identifying the areas where waste can occur and where scope for improvement exists. Such an audit program will review variations in energy costs, availability and reliability of supply of energy, decide on appropriate energy mix, identify energy conservation technologies, retrofit for energy conservation equipment etc. Energy Audit is based on the various engineering tests recommended by BEE with the help of state-of-Art and BEE Certified Energy Auditors.
• Analysis of electricity bills – Review of penalties levied on poor power factor, charges on excess maximum demand, etc.
• Performance assessment of Transformer
• Performance assessment of motors
• Performance assessment of air compressors
• Performance assessment of Chillers & AHU
• Performance assessment of Pumps, Fans & Blowers
• Performance assessment of lighting system
• Performance assessment of capacitors
• Thermal analysis of door & windows opening to calculate heat load by using thermal imaging camera
• Detail view of current energy consumption pattern. • Recommendations to reduce energy cost • Financial analysis of recommendations/ payback and IRR • Models to finance the recommendations
It is the verification, monitoring and analysis of use of energy including submission of technical report containing recommendations for improving energy efficiency with cost benefit analysis and an action plan to reduce energy consumption.
The three-main phase of the audit are:
It is walk through audit & relatively quick exercise uses easily obtained data.
Detailed studies would involve investigation & establishment of energy balances for specific process equipment
On completion of energy audit, energy action plan will be prepared. The energy action plan lists the ENCONs which should be implemented first and suggest an overall implementation schedule.
• Performance assessment of Boilers and steam system
• Performance assessment of furnaces
• Performance assessment of waste heat recovery system