Over 40% fire accidents happen due to fault in electric circuits, connections and always electrical system is a threat to safety of people and their property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion which cause damage to expensive Communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc. Electrical Safety Audit is applicable for Industries, Power sector, Service sectors such as IT Parks, Hotels and Telecommunications.
We examine all facilities and activities of an organization from the angle of safety, we also assess the current level of safety management & preparedness and subsequently prepare our action plan to improve the safety aspects to avert mishaps by minimizing electrical risk. Electrical Safety audit (ESA) is a systematic approach to evaluate potential hazards and to recommend ways and means for improvement.
ESA is a useful tool for identifying deterioration of standards, areas of risks or vulnerability, hazards and potential accidents in plants for determining necessary action to / minimize hazards and for ensuring that the whole safety effort is effective & meaningful. Electrical safety audits are conducted by our knowledgeable, experienced professionals who will assist in reducing personnel risk and helping to insure compliance with applicable standards and statutory rules and regulations.
✔ Pre-Audit Questionnaire
✔ Physical Inspection
✔ Document review
✔ Management Briefing
✔ Final Report Submission
• Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity rules, National Building Code, etc.
• Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical safety solutions
• Oil level test for transformer - Needs permission from Distribution electricity board
• Review of plant lightning protection system (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance)
• Review of static electricity hazards in the plant operations
• Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flameproof electrical equipment in the plant, including maintenance aspects
• Review of electrical preventive maintenance system (including tests, documentation, history cards, etc.)
• Review of electrical accidents and near misses in the plant to identify the root causes
• Review of electrical systems & procedures (work permits, interlocks, lockout tags, etc.).
• Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous electrical risk identification, etc.
• Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including earth resistance tests
• To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compared against cable current carrying capacity calculation
• Hotspot detection using thermal imaging camera
• Review of electrical panels to insure safety connection of cables, switchgear devices
• Preparation of electrical safety audit report
• Presenting our recommendations / suggestions with cost implications (wherever possible) in the final report, along with digital photographs. Also attached will
be a sample copy of new or revised checklists, procedures and maintenance practices, if any
• Discussion on the audit report and finalizing the action plan to resolve those issues.
• Submitting the Management Abstract